This week I put an inadvertent curse on two sides by making them my surrogate baseball teams and looked at twitter, telly and the future of watching sport, which were fun to write for me, if not fun for you dear reader. By enough about me, what did I enjoy looking at this week?
- Pitch Invasion looked at where women’s soccer is king, the story of the success of the University of Portland women’s soccer team, and how soccer has become one of the most popular sports (and selling points) of this particular American college. If you read one thing this week, read this.
- Meanwhile, I enjoyed seeing the ever-dapper Roger Federer pulling off perhaps the greatest shot ever.
- The Mets’ Jeff Francoeur seems to divide opinion somewhat, but the Real Dirty Mets Blog thinks that he has earned his spot for next season.
- BaseballGB has been following Great Britain’s efforts at the Baseball World Cup.
- And The Cricket Blog looks at the incredibly poor state of the England one-day side.
What have you enjoyed this week?